95% of women with allergies like hay fever experience “Allergy Face” beauty challenges when their symptoms flarei. The main beauty challenges are:
1) Runny/Red Nose
2) Watery Eyes
3) Dry Skin/Puffy Face
We’ve teamed up with makeup artist Jo Freeman to give you some tips on how to combat the 3 beauty challenges of Allergy Face.
1) How to conceal a red nose:
• Make sure you prep your skin with a hydrating moisturiser to help with dry skin before applying any make-up, Neutrogena Hydro Boost is great, so apply that first.
• To neutralise any redness around your nose, use a green colour corrector before applying your foundation.
2) How to widen and brighten itchy or watery eyes
• To help your eyes look fresh and natural despite your allergies, use a matte vanilla eyeshadow shade all over the lid, and a darker beige shade in the corner.
• Use a white kohl eye pencil along the lower waterline and inner crease to make your eyes look bigger, fresher and more awake.
• If you think your eyes could start streaming, use a good waterproof mascara, as this will stop your make-up from running down your face and giving you dark smudges under your eyes.
3) Puffy Face
• To gain back some definition in your face, contour with a bronzer and highlighter. Apply bronzer to the hollows of the cheek and temples and use highlighter on the cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose to help disguise any puffiness.
• A bright statement lip can help make your lips the focus of your face, taking attention away from puffy areas. Choose a vibrant colour that suits your skin tone.
iResults from an online survey by Benadryl conducted by Opinium between 7 – 14th March 2017. Sample: 1,005 UK women who suffer from hay fever, pet, dust or skin allergies (aged 18+). Data on file